Who we are
Product Lead Logistics Information Systems (PL LIS) provides Defense Business System acquisition lifecycle management of its two assigned legacy LIS. They are the Standard Army Ammunition System (SAAS) and the Unit Level Logistics System-Aviation (Enhanced) (ULLS-A(E)). Both are in the Capability Support Phase of their acquisition lifecycle. These automated management systems support tactical ammunition supply operations and aviation maintenance operations performed by tactical units operating in deployed areas and in garrison. Many installation logistics support activities also use these systems to manage their logistics support operations. PL LIS capability support responsibilities include:
- Maintaining each system’s technical and functional performance.
- Preparing and releasing security updates and patches to ensure cybersecurity readiness.
- Preparing and releasing software change packages to maintain the operational viability of system processes in response to changes in technology, policy, doctrine, and Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTP).
- Providing functional and technical customer support to system users.
As legacy capabilities, these systems are programmed for replacement by the Army’s objective logistics enterprise capabilities. PL LIS coordinates with program offices within Program Executive Office Enterprise Information Systems (PEO EIS) and external trading partners to ensure effective transitions to the objective capabilities. Continuous coordination with the program offices for Global Combat Support System-Army (GCSS-Army) and the Army Enterprise System Integration Program (AESIP) Hub is especially important to ensure seamless transition to the objective Defense Business System capabilities.
- Standard Army Ammunition System (SAAS) is the Army’s web-based management, reporting and accounting system for retail Class V ammunition receipt, store, maintain and issue operations performed by tactical units and installation activities. It employs bar code and radio frequency identification (RFID) technology to support these tasks. SAAS is currently managed as a core capability through FY24. SAAS trading partners include the Total Ammunition Management System (TAMIS), World-wide Ammunition Reporting System-Munitions History Program (WARS-MHP), and the National Level Ammunition Capability (NLAC).
- Unit Level Logistics System-Aviation (Enhanced) (ULLS-A(E)) automates the tactical-level management of aircraft readiness, maintenance, reporting, and technical supply operations. ULLS-A(E) is also employed by Army installation aviation maintenance facilities. ULLS-A(E) shares its unit and aircraft readiness status, as well as, aircraft component information with the Aviation and Missile Command (AMCOM) to support their national-level aviation maintenance and supply management operations. ULLS-A(E) is scheduled for replacement by GCSS-Army Increment 2, which will begin deployment in FY19.